Today is a very rainy day. It was 87 yesterday--today 44. No painting today, but it was a good day to nest and bake. This bread isn't junk, that is for sure, but it is quick and easy, great for a busy junker! You need a kitchen aid or a mixer with a dough hook. Makes you feel good, baking for your family.
In mixing bowl:
5 cups of flour
2 pkgs. rapid rise yeast
2 T. sugar
2 tsp. salt
2 cups HOT water (not boiling, but HOT tap water)
2 T. oil or melted butter (I use olive oil)
Stir, then add:
Kneed 4 minutes with the dough hook, adding 1-2 cups more flour.
Let rest in bowl 10 minutes, covered with a damp towel.
Spray pans. Shape into rolls, 2 loaves of bread, etc. Let rise 20-30 minutes. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.
I use this recipe for pizza dough, but I eliminate the egg. I also use it for cinnamon rolls, but I add hot milk instead of water, and a little more sugar. I've added grated cheese and garlic to it. **I usually make 1/2 of the recipe when I make it just for our family.
Now that I figured out how to post links I would like to pass on the award I received (that I talked about two posts ago) to the following creative people:
1. Sondra at Aged Essence http://sondraschuld.blogspot.com/
She is creative and has a sweet and gentle heart.
2. Counting your Blessings--great pictures and she always shares her faith. http://countingyourblessings.blogspot.com/
3. Colleen at Fresh Vintage. She can sometimes swear like a sailor and make me blush, but boy does she have an eye for incredible finds. http://freshvintage.typepad.com/
4. Karla at Karla's Cottage. Karla makes everything pretty and she has the most adorable granddaughter that she calls sugarwings. http://karlascottage.typepad.com/karlascottage/
5. And last but not least, Meme at Screamin' Meme's. She shows incredible displays and ideas and who doesn't like a woman who goes by screamin' Meme! http://screamingmeme.typepad.com/screaming_meme/
Hopefully I will get back to some junkin' projects tomorrow, except 4 inches of snow is expected-HUMPH!!!