I wish I was somewhere tropical, but alas, I am not. But I did finish up the island I had started a while back. And even though these pictures are taken in my driveway right before I loaded it up, I did stage it for you Ü. I am sure my neighbors think I am crazy!
The island is made from an old desk that I got curbside. The drawers on the left were broken, so I removed them and added the board for cookie sheets. The top drawer was not sliding well, so I took it out, removed on end of it and turned it around and put it back in the space for a shelf. I used a tin drip pan for the top--I cut a board to go under it for added stability and positioned it to hang over the back edge for a little sitting space (I may make stools to match if it doesn't sell right away). I put hooks on one side for towels or potholders and painted up the other side with chalkboard paint. I also put a board across the bottom, bead board on the back and locking casters. (not sure if you need a play by play, but you get one).
I am happy with the end product and it looked good sitting at my antique booth. Hopefully it won't sit there long!