Okay, you may not love it, but I am quite enamored with it. Especially because it started out looking like this:
I painted the legs and distressed them and then recovered it in an old curtain panel of mine. Sorry, I was so busy working I didn't take pictures of the recovering process. I cut a reactangle larger than the piece and ironed under the edges. I then stapled to the underside.
The legs were tricky, I had to cut the fabric and fold it under and use upholstery tacks because I couldn't remove the legs (they were attached well and I was worried they would break in pieces if I forced the issue). I did a little pleat on the corners.
I also put a piece of fabric on the underside to completely hide the nastiness of the original piece.
I am quite pleased with the results and would keep it if I still had these colors, but alas, it will be sold.