Monday, November 10, 2008
I have been honored to receive two awards. One is the Kreative blogger award given to me by Kandy at Junk Sophisticate. I am supposed to list 6 things I love or maybe 6 things about me. You get both, you lucky ducks.
6 Things I Love
2. Hubby and Family--all of them, the good, the bad, and the ugly (wait I don't have any ugly family members!)
3. Spending time with girlfriends
4. Rainy afternoons when I can read
5. Having a glass of red wine in the hot tub on a snowy night
6. The mountains that surround my home
6 Things About Me (Extremely Random!)
1. I needed 195 credits to graduate from college. I graduated with 195. I didn't believe in taking extra classes Ü.
2. I made a fort out of old wooden fruit crates when I was 10. It was awesome. I painted it white (see I was always a junker!).
3. I worked in Glacier National Park for two summers--it was a blast!
4. My fingernails are always a mess, I never paint them and they are torn from working with tools (I do keep them clean in case anyone was getting grossed out there).
5. My husband proposed to me on television. I still have the video tape of it.
6. I was in the audience of Hollywood Squares once. I got to meet all of the stars and saw myself on television.
Now I am going to pass this award on to these 6 bloggers who make me smile: Orchard Street Cottage, Flea Market Studio, Junk-It-Junction, Joys of Home, The Cottage Nest, Time Worn Interiors.
My next award came from Julie at Orchard Street Cottage(see link above). It says I need to post this message with it:
"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to six bloggers who must choose six more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
Okay I will pick these wonderful blogs to share this award with. Go check them out:
The Blessed Nest, Bless Our Nest, Made With Love and Glue, Karla's Cottage, The Pleasures of Homemaking, The Feathered Nest. Do I see a nest theme here?
I couldn't leave you without one little project, some painted suitcases. I love these sitting on a porch--and they can hold junk too!
PS--I haven't updated the blogs I read list to the left. I will be working on this week. I read so many these days!